Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Unfrogettable and Time Well Spent

Well, being sick is never fun! I missed going to Easter with the family because I was running a fever and had a killer sore throat. Went to the Dr. yesterday to confirm that it is strep throat. Antibiotics are finally kicking in, but the painful sore throat has been sticking around WAY too long. I'm so ready for it to be GONE! The good news, I had a little stamping time...


Here's a card I made while fooling around with a technique called Gamasol. It uses "regular" colored Pencils - non Watercolor Pencils (ie: Prismacolor) and Gamasol or Mineral Oil. The results look pretty cool in person, but for the "work" involved, it'd be MUCH easier to use SU!'s Watercolor Crayons and an Aquapainter or Blender Pen. The layout was adapted from a layout made by Lauren Meader (her blog can be found at: http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/).

The second was with the butterfly from the Time Well Spent stamp set. I used Ultra Fine Cosmo Glitter (SU!) for the butterfly's body and spots on the wings - doesn't show up that great in the scan. I didn't add a greeting on either yet - waiting to see what I'll need them for (I'm the worst at not having a card made for an occasion and needing it NOW!)

Thanks for looking... Have a great week

1 comment:

Joyce Spear said...

Gamsol is a brand of odorless mineral spirits. Just thought you'd like a heads-up on the correct spelling.